Tuesday, November 19, 2013

A Fighting Chance --- "But" -Tuesday teaser


 A Fighting Chance won't be out until next year (Feb), and this will probably be the last teaser until after Christmas, but I'll post some fun stuff about Jesse and Drew: dream cast, inspiration, why I love underground fighting, my take on fictional violence ('cause it's here aplenty lol), etc. Anyway, here's the (unedited) teaser:
The two of us are still carrying on the same silence from before. There's no radio playing and barely an audible exhale. But it’s hardly cold and empty silence. The Mexican heat is permeating the car and kindling a strange energy between us. The air in here is churning with something.

Something flammable, something volatile.

I can feel it beneath my skin. In my lungs. In my blood. 
“You’ll be happy in Glory,” I say finally. “You will make a great life there for yourself with Buck, even without your parents’ help. You’ll probably end up with that job you want. You will put this behind you and never have to think about it again. And that’s why letting you go is the best idea…” I swerve into a U-turn, angering every driver in the vicinity, as I pull off to the side of the road. I get out of the car, run around to the other side and open her door. But...  
What comes after the "but"??????? We all know it's the most important part of the sentence!! LOL Of course I would leave you hanging in the middle of dialogue! You'll just have to wait and see. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment