Thursday, December 19, 2013

AFC's Fantasy Soundtrack

Thank you guys for the huge response to the AFC e-ARCs signup. I'm not just saying this, but I'm still really freakin' surprise that you guys are reading anything I write. It's mind-boggling, frankly. But thank you for being awesome and supportive!

I've already contacted everyone who'll get one in a few weeks but thank you to everyone who signed up!!

So, I wanted to share with you my dream soundtrack for AFC, and these are the songs that would be on it if it existed. For now--sigh--just a playlist! My reasons for choosing these songs are so spoilery, so I left those off, but these lyrics all speak to the story so much. I'll share the significance of each one, post-publication. Anyway, I hope you enjoy them now and we'll see if they make sense once you get AFC in your hands.

Wildest Moments - Jessie Ware

Favorite Lyrics: Baby in our wildest moments/We could be the greatest, we could be the greatest/Baby in our wildest moments/We could be the worst of all.

Favorite Lyrics:  From the outside, from the outside/Everyone must be wondering why we try,
Why do we try.


Favorite Lyrics: You and I, blurred lines/We come together every time/Two wrongs, no rights/We lose ourselves at night.


The Devil Within - Digital Daggers -

Favorite Lyrics: I will keep quiet/You won’t even know I’m here/You won’t suspect a thing/You won’t see me in the mirror/But I crept into your heart/You can’t make me disappear/Til I make you.

 Favorite lyrics: You’ll never know what hit you/Won’t see me closing in/I’m gonna make you suffer/This hell you put me in/I’m underneath your skin/The devil within/You’ll never know what hit you.

Bones - MS MR -   Favorite lyrics: Boy with a broken soul/Heart with a gaping hole/Dark twisted fantasy turned to reality/Kissing death and losing my breath/Midnight hours cobble street passages/ Forgotten savages, forgotten savages.

Mad World -Gary Jules -  Favorite lyrics: No one knew me, no one knew me/ Hello teacher tell me what's my lesson/ Look right through me, look right through me.

XO -Beyoncé - Favorite lyrics: In the darkest night I’ll/ I’ll search through the crowd/ Your face is all that I see/ I’ll give you everything/ Baby love me lights out.

No comments:

Post a Comment