Thursday, January 31, 2013

Dress Like Dylan!!


 I don't in any way want to trivialize or make light of what happens in "Documentary" because it is something that is very important to me in terms making sure we never stop talking about it and no one who has been there ever feels like no one else recognizes their stories. But I want to make sure I can still talk about the relationships and the romance and the friendships and every thing else, too.

Switching gears, I wanted to talk about how incorporating fashion into my characters' lives is something I love to do because I am a stereotypical girl when it comes to clothes. I LOVE THEM.

So, I've started this Pinterest board with some of the fashions that were mentioned throughout the book, and also just some pictures that inspired me for some of the looks. Basically, in my mind, the way I thought Dylan would dress. You can access the Pinterest board on the right sidebar too.

Here are some instances where clothes were mentioned:

 At the charity party: scooped out back mini dress

At the venue in New York: Black sweater, red skinny jeans and black pumps

Orlando at Velvet: sheer top, black skinny jeans, black booties, cropped leather jacket

Vegas: One sleeve mini dress

At Wintervention Redux: romper

I don't know if people really care about this, but I tend to pay attention to clothes when I'm watching a show on TV. I'm going to list my most favorite stylish TV ladies:

"Lifetime Achievement Award" -- Serena Van Der Woodsen and Blair Waldorf, Gossip Girl (taking the torch from Sex and the City)

Emily Thorne, Revenge (first season especially)

Naomi Clark, 90210

All the girls on The Lying Game

Aria Montgomery, Pretty Little Liars

Spencer Hastings, Pretty Little Liars

 I think that's it (I watch a ton of TV!)!

Anyway, follow the board if you like! If there's a lot of interest, I'll definitely do something related to fashion, the book and a contest! =)



No comments:

Post a Comment