Thursday, January 2, 2014

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year, everybody! I'm not really someone who reflects on the past because you can't undo anything, right? But I love fresh starts, even though I think we put way too much weight on the new year. A fresh start can happen on any day. No need to wait for Jan 1st. Anyway, I have resolutions and I have the same ones every year. I just try to go at them harder.

1. Be kind - Simple but it's easy to forget that everyone is fighting some kind of battle, and kindness can go a long way. I want to be an expert at making people in my life smile more. I want to listen and be a better friend.

2. Love hard - This has never been a problem. I love everybody, especially myself. LOL. Just saying. Maybe love MORE is a better resolution.

3. Volunteer with an organization I love - Truthfully, I've been busy, but this is my favorite thing to do.

4. Tell fear to go fuck itself - This one is my favorite because I learned about fear last year. I'm not the scared type. At all. "Bring it" is my motto. Writing opened up a WHOLE bunch of insecurities and uncertainties. If I have any regrets from last year, it's letting fear get the best of me. I saw a side of myself I didn't even know existed LOL. I didn't like it. And I'm over it.

So, here's to a renewal for all of us! Cheers!

Got resolutions?!

No comments:

Post a Comment