Saturday, February 16, 2013

Another Cool Mention! - Page Trotters

I was doing another round of self-Googling (completely and shamelessly sober this time. I have Google Alerts set up for weekly alerts, but I'm so impatient), and I came across another amazing mention of "Documentary."

Over at Page Trotters, they featured a scene from "Documentary" on Valentine's Day as part of Swoon Thursday! Kai and Dylan worthy of Valentine's Day mentioning? A swoon-related mention? WOW! So cool. And they picked one of my favorite scenes in the entire book, too, if not my favorite scene period. Their blog is adorable, and I'm not just saying that because "Documentary" was picked (I got distracted for another twenty minutes while I was there). Check it out. And here's the scene they picked:


“I like what you’re wearing tonight,” he said, and she pressed her cheek back against his. “You look beautiful.” She was wearing red skinny jeans, black platform pumps and a thin black sweater.
“Thanks. You tell me that every night,” she said in a whisper.
“Doesn’t mean I don’t mean it every time,” Kai whispered back.
She gulped down and tried to ignore how sensitive her body had gotten, like all her nerve endings were preparing for his touch, as she finished pushing the material the rest of the way to his elbow. Kai’s gaze trailed her when she took the small step to his left arm. The staring was so sexy, and she really didn’t know why. Maybe it was because he always seemed to want to be looking at her, like he desired her so much that he didn’t want to stare at anything else. She rolled the left one slower this time, and they didn’t break eye contact until he dropped his lips on her cheek.
“Thank you,” he said. He pressed his lips against the apple of her cheek again, then her jawline. If his mouth hit her neck, they were going to end up naked, and they were going to rip each other’s clothes off to get there; she was sure of it. She was clutching his sleeve with all her might when his lips hit the corner of her mouth. Dylan’s eyes closed, she let out a faint moan, and her knees nearly buckled.
Kai’s lips brushed her ear again when he cradled the back of her neck. Then, he let out a slow, low growl. “Dylan, if you make that sound again…” He let his voice trail off, and Dylan stepped back, her entire body clenched in warmth and need, her rapid heart rate vibrating her entire body. She ran her hands up his arms and shoulders and squeezed the back of his neck.
“What are you going to do, Kai?” she asked anxiously, her chest heaving. “What are you going to do if I do that?”
“I’m gonna hope I can give you a really good reason to make it.”

I love it because it's one of those "Would you just have sex already, Dylan and Kai?" moments.

Thank you so much, Page Trotters! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment